Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Skinner and The Better?

I always thought that I am underweight, but my perception has changed after coming to Taiwan. There are tons more girls who are skinnier than I am; I fit in quite well in the crowd. (No need to gain weight after all)


There are talk snows and TV programs discuss about diet plans 24-7. Healthy diet is good, but even super skinny girls are on diet. They complain about their body and try hard to push themselves to the next level. Their extreme diet scares me.

It is not just girls. Guys in Taiwan are skinner on average as well. There are plenty of bony guys walking on the street. It makes me wonder whether it is Chinese food that is low fat, or it is just a cultural thingy???

Wait, I know. Chinese food is too good, so people tend to overeat. Taiwanese need to be on diet otherwise they would eat too much. As a result, they keep away from temptation by putting themselves on diet.

Nevertheless, it is an interesting trend.

No comments: