Friday, April 15, 2005

More and More Independent – Eating Alone.

I finally did it! First time eating alone.

Just to make it clear, I often eat alone. But I have never eaten alone in a “restaurant” until now.

It was a lunch on a busy, crowded street in Taipei. My parents were unavailable, and I am friendless during the weekdays.

I wondered around and hunting for food, then I saw a big menu board that features Italian-style meal served over rice. I decided to give it a try and walked into a tiny place with a few seats. Six on the center; three on each side.

Since I don’t like to face other unknown people, I chose the aisle seat facing the wall. My food soon arrived and it tasted…ok. Good thing is that ice tea is free with unlimited refill.

I felt awkward during the entire 30 minutes when I was in the restaurant. I didn’t know what to do other than focusing on my plate. It might be better if I had brought a book with me. But scratched that idea; the restaurant was dirty. I would not want to leave any mark on my book.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

感覺很像是我以前在台灣補習之前,
在新光三月地下室自己吃午飯一樣.
我覺得你可以去報名一些什麼團體學習
什麼的活動(當然最好是人比較少ㄉ),
可以認識一些人,或是去看看哪理可以
短期打工, 可以藉打工機會認識一些
新朋友!!


Ricca

Yang said...

補習班的日子呀.... 我通常都在家吃飽才去 或者買聖馬利麵包帶著上課吃 因為怕會睡著 一邊吃東西比較能保持清醒...

不會啦 Cindy.. 那是種成長的經驗 告訴你ㄛ 自己去吃飯不要覺得很彆扭 要"裝高貴"... 哈哈哈 說不定會有人跟你搭訕...

I Feel Good said...

Hi Cindy I just added you up in my blog. Have a nice day!

juiyout said...

I know what that restaurant is. It's near Taipei Railroad Station and they serve food in TO-GO boxes.

CinDy said...

Ricca: Good idea. If I am staying in Taiwan longer, I would.

Yang: yeah, I am waiting for cute guys to hit on me; it just hasn’t happened yet. : (

Juiyout: Oh my god, you really know that place. Did you like their noodles?

juiyout said...

I thought the food was just ok.

I ordered noodles with steak on it. But it didn't satify my expectation.

It's not really a restaurant, more like a 有店面的路邊攤‧‧