Tuesday, March 15, 2005

When it is a good time to say NO

It feels weird not studying finals this week, especially when everyone else is doing so. I can’t help but go to library, as there is a deep voice inside telling me it is the right thing to do. I might be the only one who goes to OURL to watch other people studying (or suffering)

After all the problems with my old gateway (if you have not heard enough about my complain, don’t don’t don’t get any gateway product, they make crappy laptops). Due to prior product failure, I finally went to office depot to get my laptop exchanged.

The sales guy tried really hard to “encourage” me to buy the 2-year insurance plan. I should have turned him down at first, but I pretended to be polite and told him I would think about it.

“Thinking about it” is a bad response. (Rule No. 1) Sales people don’t take no for an answer and they take that as a clue to trap you down.

I ended up staying the store for another half an hour trying to correct the mistake I made in the first place; feeling bad about not helping him to get his commission.

Yet my sympathy didn’t change the fact I am cheap. I walked out of the store without the insurance.

Yes, I just saved money on laptop insurance. 30 minutes can save you 15% or more on laptop insurance." I am so proud!

6 comments:

juiyout said...

dumb dumb.

should've bought the insurance.

what was the insurance?

Yang said...

I think I will do the same thing as Cindy did... Wasted 30 minutes but walked out with money still in hand. Oh.. that's right... no wonder we are both in OBS club.. hahaha

CinDy said...

You don’t know what it insured for and you are telling me to buy the insurance?

Hum…you will be an easy target. My laptop is the cheapest one in the store; it doesn’t make sense to spend additional 1/3 of laptop $$ just to purchase the insurance.


Yang, sorry about today. I will try to get a hold of you tomorrow. Yeah, we are proud to be o ba sun. That's why Juiyout is yet to be qualified.

juiyout said...

i'm so qualified.

juiyout said...

haha you got spammed

juiyout said...

you spell it wrong, it's OUGL, muhahahhahahh