Sunday, July 08, 2007

wow, I never thought that size matters

A handshake tells you a lot about a person. Yeah, that is nothing new. I read about the study before and I believe my handshake well passed the test. Doing what I do at work, I get to meet fair amount of new people with plenty of handshakes involved. A good handshake is affirmation that that shows your enthusiasm and passion toward a person - an essential tool in both business and personal world.

On the way to the warehouse, my supervisor and I started having about this conversation about handshakes and how certain types of people have various handshakes. The most interesting example is how someone with Short Man’s Disease tends to hand your hands.

“A person with Short Man’s Disease tends to grab your fingers without touching the palm. It is a way to show their domination over you” he said.


“ The what? Short Man’s Disease?” I asked. Honestly I have never heard of that terminology ever in my life.


A Short Man’s Disease is someone who appears to be tougher and meaner than their actual physical body size indicates. They are short in height but try to build up this image for being strong, big, but often self-possessed. Or you can call them the group who are full of themselves.

It is interesting how people name that kind of behavior and call it a disease. Being almost the shortest person in the company, I never thought people actual create negative language against us shorties. I guess size does matter after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shaking hands by grabbing the other person's fingers is kindda weird...

i'd go "ewwwww..."

i don't like the feel of someone grabbing my fingers and smile at me...ha~ the thought of it growse me out >_<

-AMY! (see you soon!)