Thursday, October 26, 2006

When less is more

I used to be proud of my e-mail respondent skills where I have learned to deliver ambiguous answers under certain situations. This doesn'’t make me an insincere person, but I have to learn to cover my as* from time to time. When I was in school, I am a very detail-oriented person and often been rewarded for orchestrating a project with full details. Being detailed-oriented and follow-through once made me a good student, but things have changed around when you step into the workforce.

Since I am still fresh out of school, sometimes I forget my new identity and the fact "less is more”" or how my colleagues called it a KISS -– “keep it short and stupid method. There are times I state facts as clear as possible and share a bit more than necessary; I end up being grilled for my honesty.

There is no such thing as being right and wrong at work. Experience is the key, and I have to learn plenty from my mistakes so far - and still counting. Today happens to be one of these days I made one of those stupid, but harmless mistakes. Even though it is not that big of a deal, I still wish there is a little re-do button where I can just press and go back to fix that little problem. What I did was absolutely a right thing to do, but sometimes the smarter way is to let it go and pretend you know nothing about it; meanwhile, pray that no one will catch your little tail.

2 comments:

Eelmit said...

Hi Cindy. leaving you a note to let you know people are still reading your blog!!!

...even though I'm way too braindead to update mine.. :)

CinDy said...

hey stranger
thanks for checking on me to see i am still alive. Because of readers like you, I will continue to stick with my goal: update this blog up to twice a month.

There is so much i want to write about, yet i devote majority of my time to the tube. No wonder my eyeslight is getting worse day by day.