Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Education Vs. Sleep Time

According to the latest edition of Time, a survey shows people with higher education tend to work less hours, or as “know more, labor less.”

  • Less than high school diploma: 7 hrs and 54 min a day
  • High school graduate: 7 hrs and 50 min a day
  • Some college: 7 hrs and 35 min a day
  • Bachelor’s degree and higher: 7 hrs and 22 min a day.
  • Cindy’s average working hours: 10 hrs - I work more hours than those without a high school diploma. Why did I go to school for?

Sleep Time: Oh..my favorite topic

American averages to sleep 8 ½ hours a day. The time that people wake up in the morning gets later as education levels increases. Damn right. I wake up at 5:30am and arrive at work at 6:30am.

All those results show that my education doesn’t quite pay off. I work more hours even with sufficient education. Alternatively, I can just call myself abnormal and doesn’t qualify to be a part of this survey. However, there is one thing that actually fits my pattern - TV Time: majority of people would choose to glue to the tube as the most popular spare-time activity. Oh yeah, watching TV might be a little bit brain-dead, but that is just exactly what I need after work.

1 comment:

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

An Angel Visits You