Friday, October 14, 2005

BAck Alive


Just wanted to prove that my blog is not fully dead yet; I decided to update once again.

What's New? I would like to start with my Chicago photos, something I should have posted like two weeks ago. Ha!

Let's start with food. The famous Deep Dish Pizza is the must-have in Chicago.


I really enjoyed the architecture and history of buildings, the buildings that shape the beautiful city of Chicago. Each skyscraper comes with a unique design along with an appealing story behind it.




















Of course, another must-see spot - Millennium Park. Chicago government adds an extra 2% state tax to build this park. You think 8.8% tax in Seattle is bad enough, try 10% tax in downtown Chicago.




University of Chicago Campus, I have to admit some of their buildings look better than what we have. But my UW pride keeps on telling me that it must be an illusion.


Basically, I got to see everything I wanted on the list, and more. It is only after I took those guided tours, I noticed the structural differentiation of skyscrapers that are constructed in different era. It is difficult NOT to fall in love with Chicago after you have seen those buildings.


Chicago is a city where I definitely will go back and visit again, hopefully during the summer time in the near future.

No comments: