Tuesday, August 02, 2005

San Juan Part II: A New Realization

After a brief moment pondering over the highlight of the trip, the realization comes beyond the physical encounter with natural beauty. Sure, you can say about the amazing island views from Mt. Constitution or a stunning close-up of Mt. Baker.

But what matters the MOST is the opportunity to go on this trip with two of my special friends. It is the experience to drive in the dark on an island we know nothing about; it is the experience to hold a flash light and hike over to the public bathroom to take a shower (there is no private bathroom in our cabin). It is those simple moments that made this trip memorable.

Yee asked me the next morning whether I was afraid to drive in the dark.

My answer was no.

It is not that I am not afraid of getting lost in the dark. It is the thought of knowing your friends are right there next to you, a thought of not being alone, supported me the whole time.

Without their help of reading road map & giving turn-by-turn directions, I would not have possibility focused on driving. It is one of those times that you really appreciate teamwork, and most importantly of all, friendship. Thank you, girls.


2 comments:

I Feel Good said...

wow Cindy! The pictures look gorgeous! Glad you gals had a wonderful time:)

CinDy said...

yes we did!!!
glad to know you like the photos, too.