Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I am just leaving you some personal space...

Many people might not agree with me, but I do believe friendship sustains without regular/ frequent communications.

A few friends of mine briefly touched on this subject this evening. Personally I am totally comfortable with the idea that friends do not call me up regularly, but still manage to keep a good friendship (yes, even if they do not call me often, I still consider them as good friends of mine).

In fact, I believe true friendship will survive under that condition. If I were to be away from my friends for a long time, I am still able to talk to them like I never left. Time would not make any difference. (However, friendship is different from relationship, though).

I wouldn’t say this concept would work well in very case; it strongly depends on the person. Of course it is nice to receive warm greetings from my friends, but it also does not bother me that friends do NOT call me regularly. Hum…maybe that's why people stop calling me these days.

Just for future reference, if I do not call you for a long time, it does not mean you are forgotten . I still care great deal about you, but I am just reserving some personal space for you at the same time.

However, I will always be around whenever you need me.

I wonder if my cell phone will ever ring again after this entry… ><

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet, honest and warm entry, Cindy.If not one can appreciate that ...well...

hugs!