Sunday, October 14, 2007

An offer I can't say no

One of the benefits living in an old community of a small town is to be physically close to many friendly, yet sometimes nosy neighbors who can and are willing to look after you. It is not my first time getting a phone call reminder to close the garage door, nor my first time receiving generous offer of homegrown fruit and vegetable that are freshly picked in their backyard.

While it is great to eat those tomatoes/melons that I actual love, there are also other stuff that are worth giving a second thought. Grandpa's beef/turkey jerky is a common item that goes on top of that list. There is nothing wrong with the taste - I tried it before and thought the flavor is decent. Everything is great until one day i walked into his garage where jerky is made - hum...not the cleanest and most sensitized kitchen i have been to. I didn't get sick or anything, but it was then I start to convince myself that little amount of bacteria is good for our health.

Grandpa visited me again this afternoon with another pack of his homemade jerky in his hand " Turkey is good for you, kiddo"
What can I say other than thanking for his kindness? I felt bad turning down his enthusiasm after all.

Looking at another pack of homemade jerky sitting in my fridge, I seriously doubt when I am going to eat it, if ever?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess you can bring those beef jerky to your seattle rival and people who dont read your blog....just a thought.

cintopia said...

hahah..you wanna try some Jerky? i know you like meat, so I am going to offer the whole package to you. Wanna try homemade with country flair??

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.... rida's comment is funny~~

-amy^^