Sunday, April 09, 2006

My Newfound Artist - Agatsuma



At first i thought his music are refreshing and unique, unfortunately, my good first impression doesn't last long. After downloading three songs from I-tune last night (yes, I paid) and played them back to back, i realized that all his tones are similar; i can barely tell the difference between the songs. (All right, maybe I am a bit tone deaf, too)

There is no doubt that he is a talent artist, but come on, that instrument, shamisen, only has only three strings. What can you expect? There can't possibly be too many variations. Like most of artists, his first CD happens to be the best along the three. I don't even want to comment on his latest CD. *sigh*

Agatsuma's shamisen is slightly different from the typical new age music i listen to, but it is still pretty cool music for both work and exercise. For more info about Agatsuma and to sample his music, click here. My favorite piece is In Memory of NY, that was a 99-cent well spent. hehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is this guy? Is he japanese? He looks kindda like Jay Chou..(my first glance at the CD cover). Hey cin do you wanna go see "Tuesdays with Morrie" at Seattle Rep theatre?

ps. have fun speaking Spanish!!!!!

AMY

CinDy said...

oh amy, i really thought Agatsuma was cute until you brought up Jay Chou.

I read that book on my flight to Chicago, loved that book. I bet its drama is just as good. When would you like to go?