Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kansas City exceeds my expectation

Never in the million times I would picture myself in Kansas City, but it turned out to be an adorable city full of a good mix of historical and modern buildings. Being a crazy photographer that i am, two hour break from work means 200 plus of new photos on my camera. Now I am back home. Contented.

Aside from beautiful architecture, one thing worth mentioning is how demography differs when you transfer from one airport to the next.

Seattle
after being there for countless visits, i still consider this a decent size of airport. Not only is this the airport i am most familiar with, but also it is the place that is in sync with the rest of Asian population in Seattle. Actually, there is a good mix of all races here in SeaTac.

Denver
also another International Airport. It was built in 1995 with the modern design that i like. This is a semi-busy airport with shops and cafe on each floor. Not a bad place to wait around for a short flight transfer. It could be the timing of my visit, but this is the airport filled with mostly business travelers.

Kansas City
Small airport. I had to walk all the way to the end of hallway to get a cup of Starbuck. Did I mention their Vanilla Latte is overpriced in this airport? Kansas has alot more black but almost no Asian. After living in the Northwest for so long, it is about time i see an equal mix of black and white for a change.

Phoenix
Transferring flight from Kansas to Phoenix is a big transition. First of all, it is warmth this time of year. It is nice to enjoy sunshine and sip on my Coffee Frappucino in the 70's during winter. Also, Asian popular is back. Never knew there are this many Asian living in Phoenix.

As flight departs from the airport, i can still see unless buildings miles after miles. As a big city Phoenix is, maybe I should give it a shot and plan on my next trip around this area.

No comments: