Tuesday, August 14, 2007

8/24 to 9/2 in Taipei then 9/3 to 9/7 in Bangkok

9 more days until my vaca starts. After thoughtfully planned my Oregon Trip, i haven't put in much effort into the planning of my second trip. Since I am pretty much running of time, i picked an easy and effortless spot - Taiwan.

Besides shopping and dining, I figure there won't be much time for anything else. It sounds like a perfect effortless trip that requires least amount of planning.

Just as i booked the ticket and called it job well done, I mentioned this upcoming trip with one of my customers. Instead of showing his enthusiasm and excitement, he asked why I didn't choose to go somewhere else for this week-long vacation?

I paused for a second in dismay. Good question, why didn't I choose a different spot? Taiwan was an easy choice, but you learn and appreciate so much more when reaching out of your comfort zone. I did just come back from Taiwan 6 months ago, now I am going again for pointless shopping? As fun as shopping goes, there are so many other destinations I have yet to discover. There is life outside of shopping after all; I just wish this thought would have stricken me earlier - before booking my flight.

Since now it is too late to reconsider elsewhere, I am still going to Taiwan as planned. However, I will definitely put more thought and make a better use of my vaca next time for sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eat logs of stinky tofu for me, will ya?

amy^_^

Anonymous said...

i meant "lots" ha~*

Anonymous said...

update lah!!!!

from u know who~*