Monday, January 16, 2006

To keep or throw away?

As I ended my temp job two weeks ago, I have now extended my beauty sleep from 6 hours to 10 hours a day. What a great improvement, huh!

I dedicated the rest of time to clean my room and throw out junks. I can’t believe there are so many junks sitting in my room after all these years. From old stuff animals to lecture notes, there are things that look nice but must get rid of at once. While some went to the donation, most stuff is now in my beloved trashcan.

After one week of hard work, I have to admit that I have failed. There are still bunch of stuffs in my room; things that are in very good condition and I would feel bad throwing them away.

This is what I have realized:

  1. I have a habit of collecting junks.
  2. I can’t shop anymore. While it is very temping to buy things, I must learn how to control myself from buying things that will eventually turn into junks.

I am now happy to hand over my "shopping queen" title to someone else. Well, maybe after I get a pair of tennis shoes and my ski gloves tomorrow. Yup, that sounds better.


1 comment:

Yang said...

That sounds just like me... except I can never find a time/chance to sit down and throw away my stuffs. and mostly that is a huge excuse.. cuz I just don't like the fact that I am "going to throw away my OWN stuffs"...
I guess I will need a huge house in the future..then... for my junks... geez